Last week I set myself the following goals;
1. Drink lots of water. – I’ve managed to stick at this one! I take a bottle of water out with me when I walk the dog and keep one on my desk at work.
2. Exercise daily. – I have managed this one! And I’m pretty happy with myself. I have gone walking in my lunch time to avoid sitting down all day as well.
3. Do at least 1 thing everyday that makes me happy .- Yep! I’m lucky to have a lot of positive things in my life and I made the conscious effort to do at least one thing everyday to make me happy or bring more happiness to my day. Monday I went for a lovely walk, Friday a Belgium bun.
A lovely walk over the hill.I love taking Duke to agility Trip to the cove.
4. Eat healthily. – Belgium bun aside I’ve been pretty good. Lots of salad and fruit.
5. Avoid snacking. – surprisingly I have managed it. I have kept following the 8:16 though as it’s been pretty successful. It also gives me 0 time to snack.
6. Get more sleep. – I failed a lot at this one! Although I did have a two hour nap Saturday afternoon.
7. Run at least 4 times a week. Yeah I wasn’t successful here thanks to migraines and generally feeling unwell this week; but I’m feeling hopeful for next week! My kit is already packed.
8. Do at least 3 other types of exercise a week. – I have Run, Walked and did A Circuits session.
9. Achieve 10,000 steps every day. I averaged out over the 10,000 steps. Saturday I didn’t hit the target as agility training with the dog was so tiering I fell asleep when I got home; but hopefully next week I’ll do a-bit better.
So my first week wasn’t too bad!! But my second week is going to be better! And the targets are as follows:
1. Drink lots of water.
2. Exercise daily. Over 2 hours a day of physical activity.
3. Do at least 1 thing everyday that makes me happy .
4. Eat healthily.
5. Avoid snacking.
6. Get more sleep.
7. Run at least 4 times a week.
8. Do at least 3 other types of exercise a week.
9. Achieve 10,000 steps every day.
10. Do at least one exercise bike session a week.
Monday; 2 dog walks, 1 lunch time walk, 1 run, 50 Sit ups an push ups.
Tuesday; 2 dog walks, 1 lunch time walk and circuits class.
Wednesday; 1 dog walk, 1 lunchtime walk, a run and 50 Sit ups and push ups.
Thursday; 2 dog walk, 1 lunchtime walk, 1 run and a cycling ride on the indoor bike.
Friday; 1 dog walk and 1 lunchtime walk.
Saturday; 1 dog walk, 50 Sit ups and push ups and a run.
Sunday; long dog walk.
Week two here I come…