Its been almost a year since I saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I’m not going to write much about it because every time I have sat down to type up my experience I’m reminded that shortly after my visit to London the whole world changed. And now theatre visits seem a century ago and it feels like this sort of carefree recreational activity is a thing of the past. I’m sure it’s not, but, as a theatre lover I feel something akin to grief when I wonder when I will sit down to watch a live show again. This year we have all lost so much so a wish to be back at the theatre feels a little trivial but there you go!
What I will say is the cursed child was everything I ever wanted it to be, it was fantastic. The stage was beautiful, the clothing amazing and the actors fantastic. It was bloody brilliant. I would recommend that any Harry Potter Fan and theatre fan and in fact any movie fan go and see this one if they get the chance. It was quite frankly perfect.
My main advice would be
- Get there early – there seems to always be a que
- Watch both shows on the same day – if you can – you will not want to wait… the first show is left on a cliff hanger.
- Find somewhere to eat in between each show. – something quick and easy and near by!
- Be prepared to be shocked/amazed/scared/joyful/sad and nostalgic.
- The magic is quite frankly amazing so be prepared for brain overload!
Both shows are beautiful and are so amazingly adapted for the stage it will shock you.
Hopefully we will all be back in theatres soon!